Client: St Kilda Football Club
Working closely with the St. Kilda Football Club to inform food and beverage facilities design, develop a suitable operating model and manage operator procurement.
St Kilda Football Club is seeking to revitalise the Moorabbin Reserve precinct through construction of an elite, purpose-built training and administration base. The application for the $28M facility development is made on behalf of seven project partners and will replace and extend aged facilities complementing Kingston City Council’s broader plans for the social and economic development of the area. Through providing an activity hub for the local community, St Kilda Football Club are striving to create facilities that ensure a variety of experiences for a diverse range of people to enjoy.
Planning for catering facilities has been high level for the purposes of supporting the planning application for the Moorabbin Reserve
redevelopment. Recognising the cost of investment in catering facilities and the need to generate recurrent revenue to support the operating of the facility, the project team is seeking specialist advice to inform planning for hospitality facilities.
The Maytrix Group are currently working alongside the St. Kilda Football Club to develop the planning, design and operating model for all food and beverage facilities as well as infrastructure planning as part of the facility development.
After developing a business case and operating model for food and beverage operations, The Maytrix Group are currently working to inform the design planning process as part of a project team with William Ross Architects who are engaged to produce physical design concepts. Our project scope includes:
- Determine likely demand and key users of catering facilities
- Understand revenue/ cost implications associated with catering facilities based on different use assumptions
- Ensure design is operationally effective to minimise costs and maximise service efficiencies, and provide flexibility in future operating arrangements
- Determine operating model to best meet key stakeholder objectives and requirements
- Procured operator(s) to meet stakeholder requirements and maximise return
- Identify food and beverage supplier/sponsorship arrangements to maximise return and benefit to key stakeholders and SKFC